Chandranath.M is a Senior Scientist in Centre for Civil Aircraft Design and Development Division of CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories. He has completed Master of Technology in Tool Engineering from Government Tool Room and Training Centre, Mysuru. He has 16 years of experience in the field of Aerospace and Automotive CAD/CAM/Tooling.
Area of Expertise:
· CAD Modeling, Drafting as per international standards, Reverse Engineering, Numerical Master Geometry creation, Quality tests of CAD data and Tolerance Stack-up Analysis.
· Digital Mock-up analysis and Kinematics.
· Ergonomics Design & Analysis.
· Design and manufacturing of Press tools, Moulds, Die casting, Jigs and fixtures (Machining, Assembly, Welding and Inspection), Design of Gauges, Cutting Tool design.
· Six Sigma, Quality control tools and Design of Experiments.
· Design for Manufacture and Assembly.
· Structural Analysis & Design Optimization.
· Vibration and Noise Control.
· Innovative Product development & Design Methods.
· Computer aided manufacturing (CAM) Programming (Multi-axis Turn-Mill centre, Multi-axis wire-EDM, Multi-axis Milling), Post processor building, Machine tool building.
· CNC Program Validation.
· Rapid prototyping, Laser (Machining, Welding & Engraving) Technology.
o Automotive Design Methods & Processes.
o Material testing & Heat treatment.
o Metrology and Calibration of Mechanical Measuring Instruments & Gauges, Non-Destructive Testing, Welding inspection
o Geometric dimensioning & Tolerances ASME Y14.5-2009.
o Presentation skills, Teaching skills, Business improvement and management techniques.
CATIA/3D Experience (Free style, Aero Expert, Quick surface Reconstruction, Digitized shape Editor, Automotive Class A, Healing assistant, Digital mock up Space Analysis, Kinematics, Human builder, Lathe & Advanced Machining, STL Rapid prototyping, NC Machine tool builder and Enovia), ICAM Post builder, IMS Post builder, Vericut, Auto forming, Simufact forming and Autodesk Mould flow Analysis.
SARAS, HANSA, NM5, LCA, JAGUAR and MIRAGE Aircraft and Tooling Components.
o Innovative Product Development, Reverse Engineering, Tool Design
o Compute Numerical Control Manufacturing, Rapid Prototyping
o Metrology, Six Sigma
o Structural Analysis & Design Optimization, Vibrations and Noise control
Last updated on : 12-11-2020 10:07:51am