AIRCRAFT PROTOTYPE MANUFACTURING FACILITY
Aircraft Prototype Manufacturing Facility (APMF) is the manufacturing Division of CSIR-NAL that undertakes all the metallic manufacturing of aerospace components, Sheet metal parts, aircraft toolings, high precision wind tunnel models and Jig elements. At APMF, precision and accuracy are given utmost importance to produce high quality aerospace components and assemblies, meeting the exacting tolerance requirements. The division located in two campuses of CSIR-NAL, i.e., Kodihalli and Belur has adopted innovative methods to solve the toughest manufacturing challenges and deliver the products with quality and reliability.
Major Capabilities of the Division :
- Manufacturing of complex CNC & Sheet metal components and Tooling for various Aircraft development programmes and strategic aerospace projects of CSIR-NAL with relevant Quality accreditation.
- Expertise in manufacturing and assembly of high precision Wind Tunnel Models.
- Heat Treatment, Rubber Press Sheet metal forming and Welding facility.
- NABL approved Metrology and Calibration Laboratory.
- Large Volume Inspection and Reverse Engineering capabilities using Laser Tracker.
- Non Destructive Testing Facility (DPT) for aircraft components.
- Electroplating and Painting Facility.
- Expertise in Tool Design, fabrication, setting and certification of Sub-Assembly & Assembly Jigs, Coupling Jigs, ICY Media and Gauges, GHE etc. for aircraft projects.
Manufacturing and Engineering Software Facilities:
- Autodesk Power Shape
- Autodesk Power Mill
- Catia V5
- CG Tech-Vericut
- Autodesk Power Inspect
- PolyWorks Inspector
- PolyWorks Modeler
- Metrolog XG