- Director is the Executive Head of the Laboratory. The responsibilities of director are:
- Realizing the mission of the National Laboratory.
- Creating an environment in the National Laboratory conducive to nurturing of innovation and high class R &D and the other S&T activities of the laboratory.
- Managing the affairs of the National Laboratory as per the decisions of the Management Council.
- Director shall in all matters have powers delegated to him by the Governing Body.
FUNCTIONS OF SR. CONTROLLER OF ADMINISTRATION / CONTROLLER OF ADMINISTRATION
- To advise Director on all matters of General Administration.
- To function as Public Information Officer under RTI Act, Member Secretary of Management Council, Chairman, SPC – I.
- To exercise powers delegated by Director, NAL.
- Incharge of Recruitment, Assessment, Maintenance of Reservation Roster, Departmental promotion.
- Overall Incharge of Bills Section, General Section, Vigilance / Legal Section and Hindi Section.
- In charge of Establishment matters including pay fixation.
- To act as check point for Official Language implementation.
FUNCTIONS OF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS
- To plan the activities of the Sections in consultation with the Section Officers.
- To monitor the functions of the Sections under his charge.
- To exercise a check on all the cases submitted to him with reference to rules, guidelines, precedence.
Heads of Divisions / Centres (HoD / HoC)
- HoD / HoC acts as the facilitator for running the R&D / S&T projects programmes of the respective Division / Centre
- Control of job allocation and supervision of Division / Centre �s activities.
- Granting and recommending leave of his staff members.
- Major duties and responsibilities of Scientist are to carryout R&D/S&T activities leading to a Project / Programme of the Laboratory as per the approved mandate.
Technical/ Administrative Staff
- Technical & Supporting Staff members provides technical support to the R&D Scientists.
- Administrative and Accounts / Stores Purchase / Security / Laboratory House Keepings activities.
Please post your public request